Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sprinkles Cupcakes pt. 2

I recently visited Las Vegas for a weekend and had the chance to visit the Sprinkles Cupcakes on the strip. I have been to the Sprinkles Cupcakes in La Jolla, California, and have had cupcakes brought to me from the Los Angeles location. I have to admit I wasn't impressed with their red velvet cupcake. Their other varieties were very good, but I felt the red velvet was lacking (see previous post: Sprinkles Cupcakes)

Sprinkles Cupcakes & Ice Cream - Las Vegas, NV
As you can see, the store is a great addition to the strip, full of color and life, it fits it quite well. I decided, in addition to getting my usual red velvet cupcake, I would try the red velvet ice cream with the red velvet waffle cone as well as explore the Cupcake ATM!


The red velvet ice cream was very good, especially compared to the store versions I've tried in the past. I think it helps that its a vanilla based ice cream with red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting mixed into it. That not only blends the flavors really well, but also allows each flavor to be picked out of the mix.

Cupcake ATM at Sprinkles Cupcakes in Las Vegas
I was so excited to be able to check out the Cupcake ATM, FINALLY! I had hopes of trying it out in Atlanta the last time I was there, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Either way, I got to experience it now. I have to say, it's much cooler than I anticipated. It's also really user friendly. From the beginning, the screen uses images as well as labels to identify the cupcakes or cookies you'd like to purchase. Then all you have to do is swipe your credit or debit card and behind the door your treat awaits. The fact that this is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week makes it a cupcake or cookie lover's dream come true!

Honestly, I've had my issues with Sprinkles Cupcakes, as I've had with most other national chains, but I have to say they've been really innovative in the things they've come up with. Not only were they the first bakery exclusively dedicated to cupcakes, but they've been able to expand their market to cookies and ice cream and excel at it! Props to you, Candace Nelson, for coming up with something that'll be with us for many years to come.

Red Velvet's Star on the Strip


No comments:

Post a Comment