Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sprinkles Cupcakes

So my brother's wedding finally came. My entire family came down to celebrate. While it was very overwhelming, it was great to see everyone.

One of my cousins came from Los Angeles, California, where they have Sprinkles Cupcakes, the world's first cupcake bakery. My cousin was gracious enough to bring me some cupcakes as well as some doggie cupcakes for Marley.

I had to freeze them during the wedding festivities, but I finally got a chance to try the red velvet cupcakes today. It didn't take a long time to defrost the cupcake and I must say, the cupcake tasted great.

At first I thought the cupcakes was a bit too sweet, but after a few seconds I realized it was the icing more than the actual cake. The cake itself was very airy and moist and I tasted the classic cocoa taste that I had been looking for. To color and cocoa taste was slightly artificial compared to other cocoa flavors I had tasted in the past, however I was overall very pleased with the cupcake.

Sprinkles Cupcakes Red Velvet
I always thought Sprinkles Cupcakes would be the cupcake to end all cupcakes, but I have to say I felt that there was something missing. Maybe it was the over-iced cupcake, maybe it was the taste...I'm just not sure. All I know is that there was something missing. While I was satisfied, even pleased with the taste and texture of the cupcake, I felt that there should be more to it.

So I guess the adventure continues!


Price: $3.75/cupcake
Cake: Airy, light, near-perfect
Icing: very sweet, hard on the outside, smooth on the inside, too much
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Sprinkles Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment