Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Kimberley's Bakeshoppe

The other day I was minding my own business at my local grocery store when I noticed in the refrigerated section single, individually packaged cupcakes. I normally don't buy the store pre-made cupcakes because I don't consider them to have specialties in baking or baked goods, but these cupcakes seemed to be delivered to the store from another company.

I did some investigating online and found out the company, Kimberley's Bakeshoppe, was an online bakery which ships to various grocery stores and small markets. I decided to go back and give the red velvet variety a try.




I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Even though they were refrigerated, the cupcakes tasted very fresh. The frosting was creamy and soft, and wasn't overpowering in cream cheese flavor. The cupcake was soft and moist, though a little dry. I attribute that to the refrigeration.

The only complaint I had was the filling. There seemed to be an icing filling but it was a bit too sweet and took away from the overall taste. If the cupcake hadn't had the filling I think it may have really been comparable to the best cupcakes I've tried.

Well, let the hunt continue...

Price $2.50
Cake: soft, moist, airy, a little dry
Icing: creamy, smooth, not too cream-cheesy
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Kimberley's Bakeshoppe



No comments:

Post a Comment