Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Red Velvet Inspirations pt. 2

Lately I've been noticing a great deal more goodies dedicated to the red velvet flavor. I've noticed commercials for milkshakes at Steak n' Shake as well as custard flavors at BurgerFi. The most prominent advertising had to be the announcement of the Red Velvet Oreo. I hadn't seen a commercial for it on television, but I had seen rumblings of it on Facebook and other social media. I was excited when I finally found them at the local grocery. Another finding I just happened upon was a red velvet pancake mix. I think this was an attempt to break into the Valentine's Day market, but I'm okay with that.

So here goes, yet another installment of red velvet inspirations!

Red Velvet Oreo cookies:



I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I used to love Oreo cookies when I was younger and every once in awhile still partake (especially when I notice flavors like birthday cake). I got supremely excited about the upcoming red velvet flavor and hoped it would live up to my expectations, though I didn't let my hopes get too high. Let me tell you though, they are delicious! The cream cheese flavored creme is on point and the cookies are a red velvet lovers dream come true. If I closed my eyes and ignored the crunch, I'd swear I was eating my dream red velvet cupcake.



Even when you just open the packaging for the first time, you can smell the glorious, decadent cake. It's a trip for your senses! I have to say, I highly recommend this to all red velvet lovers.

Red Velvet Pancake Mix:

I happened upon this at the grocery store. At first I wasn't going to succumb to the Valentine's Day ploy, but then I thought I should try out this mix considering the epic fail of red velvet pancakes I've tried in the past.


The mix was a deep shade of red and smelled delicious. I was really excited to try out the pancakes.


Of course I had to try to make the pancakes in the shape of hearts. The batter was a delicious chocolatey batter. 


My heart shapes may have failed, but the flavor did not. Much like the red velvet Oreo cookies, eat bit was like a red velvet cupcake in my mouth. All I needed was a cream cheese whipped cream to make the dish perfect.

All in all, these various red velvet inspirations were amazing. They had the flavor combinations and really brought forth the red velvet cupcake experience. I highly recommend them.

More to come, until then, enjoy your own red velvet inspirations!


No comments:

Post a Comment