Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Alessi Bakery - Tampa, Florida


I've been trying to hit all the cupcake bakeries in Tampa recently, but I've found myself truly overwhelmed. There are a great deal more bakeries than I ever expected.

Recently I got to taste a red velvet cupcake from Alessi Bakery in south Tampa. I've had their carrot cake before and had to admit, even though I'm not a huge carrot cake fan, I was impressed! I was excited to finally taste the red velvet, and it did not disappoint.


The cupcake itself was moist and light. The cake was very airy and had a light chocolate flavor I like in a traditional red velvet cupcake. I would have liked more of a cocoa flavor though. The cream cheese frosting was smooth and creamy and delicious! I was so happy.

The cupcake looked like it had been through a bit, the decorations were smudged and the frosting was a little mushed but that didn't take away from the flavor.

On to the next bakery in Tampa!


Price $1.95/each
Cake: moist, airy, light chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, cream cheese flavor
Decorations: simple sprinkles
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Alessi Bakery


No comments:

Post a Comment