Friday, March 27, 2015

Sugardarlings - Lutz, Florida

I have to say I'm pretty lucky that I have so many different cupcake bakeries really close to me. Some of them even deliver to places of business. A friend of mine works at St. Joseph's Hospital here in Tampa and found out that a local bakery, Sugardarlings, delivers to their cafeteria. I was instantly on the hunt.

I finally was able to secure a red velvet, unfortunately summer weather in Florida doesn't always work with cupcake frosting. By the time I got the cupcake home, the frosting had melted.

Sad and melted
I instantly put the cupcake in the fridge to let the frosting harden, hoping it would be saved. When I took the cupcake back out of the fridge, the frosting was more creamy than liquid so I decided to give the cupcake a try. 

I was disappointed with the frosting. It may have been because it was melted then refrigerated, but I did not taste any cream cheese flavoring. The cake, however, was amazing. It had the perfect amount of chocolate flavoring and the texture was perfect. It was moist, but also light and airy. It wasn't too dense but not dry at all. I was really impressed.

Overall I have to admit I'll probably have to give this bakery another chance. I want to try the frosting when it's fresh, not melted and refrigerated. We'll see how that works out. For now, however, I'm still on the hunt!

Price $1.75/each
Cake: moist, airy, perfect chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, no cream cheese flavor
Decorations: simple sprinkles
Overall Rating: 9/10
Website: Sugardarlings



No comments:

Post a Comment