Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cupcake Cache LLC - Tampa, Florida

I went on another cupcake adventure to see if I could find some hidden gems in Tampa. I happened to be passing Busch Garden and I found Cupcake Cache LLC! I checked their inventory and realized they specialized in gourmet cupcakes. They don't have the traditional red velvet with cream cheese frosting, but they did have a banana split cupcake which was banana frosting on a red velvet cake. I thought this would be a good initial taste of the red velvet cupcake available at Cupcake Cache LLC.

Red Velvet & Oreo Blast Cupcakes

I also got the Oreo blast cupcake. I thought this would be a good treat for myself once I finish investigating the red velvet cupcake. Spoiler alert, IT WAS DELICIOUS!

Red Velvet Cupcake
The red velvet cupcake was very moist and light. The cake texture was perfect and the flavor was nearly perfect. I would have liked more chocolate flavor and I felt the banana flavor from the frosting in cream inside the cupcake transcended into the cupcake.

Oreo Blast Cupcake
Overall I was impressed with the combination of banana split and red velvet cupcake but I would have liked to have more of a traditional pairing. I did find out from the cupcake baker that they had various other cupcake flavors that paired red velvet cupcake with other frosting flavors.

I will definitely have to check out the other red velvet flavorings they have in the future.

Price $3.50/each
Cake: moist, airy, light chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, banana split
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Cupcake Cache LLC


No comments:

Post a Comment