Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bea's Bakery - London, England

One of my dear friends, Lindsay, went on an adventure and moved to London. She's a foodie, like me, though she's more well-rounded in her food endeavours. Here's her review of Bea's bakery's Red Velvet cupcakes:

Bea's bakery has some of the best cupcakes in London. I was quit surprised during one of my visits that they had red velvet cupcakes. I've visited the place before and didn't see any but apparently they are the most popular and they sell out quickly.

I wasn't sure if they would do red velvet justice. I'm a southern girl and I grew eating red velvet cake often. Let's just say it holds a special place in my heart.

Of course Bea's hasn't disappointed me so far. I went ahead and bought one. It was probably the best decision I could have made.

Bea's Bakery's Red Velvet Cupcake
The cupcake visually looking very appealing with its deep red, chocolate hue and its swirl of cream cheese frosting on top. The cake it self was so moist and that's after it trekking it all over London in the sun and to a pub for a evening of ciders.

I guess Bea's will always be my go to place in London.

It looks like I'll have to check out Bea's whenever I'm in London next. For more food adventures from Lindsay, check out her blog, Imaginary Chef!

Price: £2.70 (about $4.00)
Cake: moist, airy, perfect chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, no cream cheese flavor
Decorations: standard cupcake swirl
Overall Rating: 8.5/ 10
Website: Bea's of Bloomsbury


No comments:

Post a Comment