Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe - Safety Harbor, Florida

After being sick for almost a week, it was nice to make an impromptu trip to Safety Harbor. Initially it was for ice cream, but upon arrival to downtown Safety Harbor, I found the Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe and I just had to stop in.

A little back-story on Pick Your Poison Cafe:

"Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe is a dream come true. Its existence is based on the decadent simplicity of a cupcake, then that is expanded upon to meet the needs of our clientele and location; thus offering beer and wine in addition to decadent cupcakes, inviting each and every one of our valued customers to come in and pick their favorite poison. Each cupcake has been created and perfected by our bakers using the finest ingredients available. Every sweet and satisfying treat is made by hand and is baked with love, fresh every morning in our store. Our cupcakes are the perfect treat for any occasion, or for no occasion at all!

EVERY DAY IS A CELEBRATION, CELEBRATE WITH OUR CUPCAKES!!"

When I walked in I was welcomed by the wonderful baking smells as well as the always visually appealing cupcake counter. Upon further inspection, not only is Pick You Poison a cupcake cafe, but it's also a bar! What a genius combination! Not only can you get your favorite cupcake flavor, but you can get your favorite beer or wine to pair with it. They also serve Cupcake Vineyards wines.

Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Cupcakes from Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe
I was happy to see that the cafe had some red velvets left, so I dove in.

Red Velvet Cupcake from Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe
I knew as soon as unwrapped this cupcake, it was going to be a good one. When I took my first bite, not only was I greeted with a moist, light and airy cake, but I tasted the perfect amount of chocolate! Seriously! It was like the cafe was using Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker bake mix! The cream cheese frosting was a perfect combination. The frosting was smooth, sweet, and not too over powering in cream cheese flavor. I could tell this frosting was made with real cream cheese.


Overall, this was the best cupcake I've had yet. The only problem I was with the cupcake was that it almost tasted undercooked. I do believe if I gave this cupcake another go, it may reach the as-yet-unattained 10/10 rating!

So, my journey continues...

Price: $3/cupcake
Cake: moist, light, airy, slightly undercooked
Icing: smooth, sweet, made with real cream cheese
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Website: Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment