Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Hummingbird Cafe - Dubai, United Arab Emirates

On my way back from my yoga teacher training, I had a long layover in Dubai, UAE. I decided to explore the city a little bit, which mostly meant me going to the Dubai Mall for a few hours. I was feeling a little under the weather so I didn't want to eat too much, however when I came across the Hummingbird Bakery I had to indulge in a little red velvet cupcake.




The Hummingbird Bakery had the best red velvet cupcake I'd had in a long time. It was wonderfully moist and the cake had a good amount of chocolate flavor. Also, the frosting had a great amount of cream cheese flavor. It wasn't too sweet but it wasn't too savory. I'm not sure if it's because I was in Africa for so long or if it was because the cupcake was actually good, but I really believe the cupcake was very good. I'm happy to know that in the middle of the desert you can find a wonderful dessert.

Price $3.81/cupcake
Cake: dense, moist, good chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, light cream cheese flavored frosting
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating:7/10
Website: The Hummingbird Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment