Thursday, October 22, 2015

Cupcakes and Cocktails - Epicurean Hotel

In September, I was able to attend another Cupcakes and Cocktails class at the Epicurean Theater. I have to say, this one may have been one of my favorites. I'm not hating on the red wine red velvet, that was and always be my favorite class, but this one paired something I don't usually like with something I love, beer and cupcakes! I know what you're thinking, why would that make it one of your favorites? Well, I was a bit reluctant as well. I looked at the menu and thought to myself, well, at the very least I'll know what not to make, right? In fact, this class showed me what I surprisingly LOVED!

Menu:
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Pretzel Crust & Peanut Butter Butter Cream
Blue Moon Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Framboise Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

Cupcakes & Cocktails
At initial glance at the menu, I thought I wouldn't enjoy the cocktails as much. I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore and the fact that there was a stout on the menu concerned me. However, I have to say that the chocolate stout float the bartender, Roger, came up with was absolutely phenomenal! It was my favorite drink of the night and it was definitely my favorite cocktail recipe so far! The other two cocktails were pretty good too, showing that with a little ingenuity, beer isn't that bad!

My decorating skills are improving
The cupcakes also turned out to be much better than I expected. I knew I wouldn't be able to taste the beer too much, so I figured I'd enjoy the cupcakes for the most part. However, I had no idea that I may find a replacement for my love of red velvet. I know, I know, it's pretty much blasphemy, but I have to say that the chocolate stout cupcakes were to die for. I barely tasted the beer, in fact it added an even richer chocolate flavor to the cupcake. That, plus the peanut butter frosting, which is one of my favorite combinations, just won me over.

The other two cupcakes were also very good. I find myself enjoying fruity cupcakes much more with each class. I'm usually a traditional chocolate or vanilla kind of girl, but I've learned to really appreciate the great flavors that fruits can add to a cupcake.



Overall, it was another wonderful night. I really look forward to the Halloween edition of this class in October. With the hint of Fireball whiskey, it promises to be an event to remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment