Monday, September 14, 2015

Cupcakelicious - Woodstock, Georgia

Over the Labor Day weekend, I got a chance to visit some family in Atlanta, Georgia. My family knows how obsessed I am with cupcakes, and especially with red velvet, so they made it a point to visit some cupcake bakeries during the visit.


Our first stop was at Cupcakelicious in downtown Woodstock, Georgia.

Photo via Google Images
I was hopeful for this cupcakery since it looked like it was local and not run by a big chain. I've found in my adventures that big chains tend to have the not-so-great cupcakes, while the smaller, local places are able to really dedicate the time and energy to make a good cupcake.

Cupcake Variety Pack
Upon taking a look at the variety in the display window, I was even more excited. They have a mix of traditional flavors, like red velvet and vanilla birthday cake as well as more adventurous flavors, like almond wedding cake and salty sweet caramel.

Red Velvet from Cupcakelicious
When I looked at the cupcake, however, I knew I was going to be disappointed. The cupcake was a very bright shade of pink, almost neon. The top of the cupcake looked burnt and the frosting wasn't even cream cheese! When I took my first bite, I was sad. The cupcake was dry and had absolutely no chocolate flavor.

In the end, I was sad, but I wasn't going to give up! There was a newly opened Georgetown Cupcakes in Atlanta, and I knew that was going to bring up my mood. I moved on quickly to one of the other delicious flavors Cupcakelicious had to offer and looked forward to my visit to Georgetown Cupcakes. Spoiler alert...I was not disappointed.

Price $2.99/cupcake
Cake: dry, too bright color, no chocolate
Icing: plain vanilla buttercream
Decorations: simple butter cream with cake crumbs
Overall Rating: 1/10
Website: Cupcakelicious




No comments:

Post a Comment