Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cake Affection - Madeira Beach, Florida

On our beach adventure a few weeks ago, my friend and I happened to find another cupcake bakery, Cake Affection. It is located about a mile from Madeira Beach here in Florida.

Cake Affection display (from website)
"Cake Affection is passionate about cake! Ivy is a mother of 4 and wife of 1. As a busy mom, she knows the value of good food. Cake Affection has been honored to ba a part of special celebrations for over 15 years. We bring this experience with us when we work on your event. We aren't afraid to try new things and love a challenge. Our secret is in the daily baking of fresh cupcakes using only the industries finest gourmet ingredients like Madagascar vanilla, Black Onyx cocoa powder and chocolate imported from Switzerland and Belgium. Our retail storefront is a long standing dream realized. Every one of our custom cake creations would get feedback on how they were the "world's best cake". After years of hearing this, we worked really hard until we were able to open our first location in St. Pete/Seminole. Our shop is small and offers a modern twist on some pretty incredible edibles. Our creative cupcake menu changes daily and we have plenty to offer our walk in customers (although we recommend coming early for the best selection!) We also offer other fun handmade treats (always made in small batches) and unique gifts to make your day sweet. And yes we still offer our fabulous cakes for special events and weddings, along with dessert buffets and cupcake towers- but we book up fast. We are located off of Bay Pines Blvd, across from the Texas Roadhouse. Stop by and say hi (or give us a call so we can put a box of yummies aside for you) we promise you will taste the difference!"

Red Velvet Cupcake in a Jar on the beach

Red velvet catching some sun
 I have to say that the cupcake in a jar idea is genius. Not only is it early to travel with, but it also prevents people (like myself) from scarfing down a calorie packed treat in one sitting. This jar allows me to take a few bites, enjoy myself, and remove the onset of guilt later on!

Sometimes the simplest decorations are best
I started with the cream cheese decoration. I thought the packaging and the inner decoration was perfect! The butter cream was cream cheese and it tasted perfect. At first I didn't realize it was cream cheese butter cream, but I realized I'm so used to overly sweet cream cheese frostings I didn't realize when I had the real deal! The texture of the frosting was perfect, it was smooth and creamy. The cake also, was perfection. It was dark, making my mouth water for the cocoa flavor I was sure to find. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! The cake was moist and delicious. It was a bit dense for my taste, but it was great otherwise.

The only issue I had was with the giant blob of chocolate right at the top. I wasn't expecting it so it threw me and my taste buds off bit.

I have to say though, the Tampa Bay area has a great deal of wonderful cupcakes to choose from. No matter what you're looking for, you will surely find it!

Price $3.25/cupcake; $7.50/cupcake in a jar
Cake: moist, dense, perfect chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, cream cheese buttercream
Decorations: simple drop of butter cream with layers of buttercream in between cake layers
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Cake Affection


No comments:

Post a Comment