Thursday, November 27, 2014

Whiskey Cake Bakery & Cafe - Bangkok, Thailand

Happy Thanksgiving! Here's another throwback from my travels in Southeast Asia last fall! Enjoy!

After a hectic few days in Bangkok I found myself with a free day to explore. I hoped to find cupcakesbut my adventures took me to more touristy destinations like the giant golden Buddha temple and Asiatique.

After spending time walking around and almost melting from the heat I happened upon whiskey cake bakery & cafe! Lucky me!!

They had a red velvet with rum cream cake so I jumped at the chance. The cake was served cold making me fear it would be more dense and hard but it was surprising light and airy. The cream frosting lacked a real rum taste but it was smooth and sweet, a perfect addition to the cake.

Red Velvet Cupcake from Whiskey Cake Bakery & Cafe
Sadly the cake had only the slightest hint of chocolate, leaving me wanting more.

Overall it was a good end to a very now night in Bangkok!

Price: 70 baht ($2.13)
Cake: light, airy
Icing: smooth, sweet, not cream cheese
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 6/10



No comments:

Post a Comment