Tuesday, November 11, 2014

La Segunda Bakery - Tampa, Florida

One of the greatest advantages of working in a smaller clinic, is being able to get to know my co-workers more personally. Whenever I'm working at the Ybor Youth Clinic (YYC), I have the opportunity to work with some really amazing people, who are nothing but sweet, just like cupcakes!

Sometimes we get special treats, my teammates here at the YYC bring some bakery sweets. This time, we got to enjoy some delicious baked goods from La Segunda Bakery in Tampa. I had previously tried when a co-worker from DACCO was leaving, we threw her a goodbye fiesta with treats from La Segunda. This time, instead of cookies and pineapple cake, I got to try the red velvet cupcake! I didn't even know they had cupcakes!

Red Velvet Cupcake from La Segunda Bakery
The cupcake looked delicious. No doubt I was excited for this treat. When I took my first bite, I noticed that the frosting wasn't the traditional cream cheese. I quickly got over my disappointment and moved on to the cake. I had to take a few bites of the cake alone since the frosting was really sweet. The cake itself was very light and airy, some bits were almost underbaked. The taste was hinting at a cocoa flavor, which I enjoyed. I wish there was a little more though.

Red Velvet Undressed - Scandalous!
Overall, the cupcake was great. It was really delicious and quenched my desire, temporarily, for a red velvet cupcake. It's not perfect, but it definitely got me back on track to find the one red velvet to rule them all.

The adventure continues!

Price: $1.25
Cake: light, sweet, airy
Icing: sweet, vanilla frosting
Decorations: simple
Overall Rating: 6/10
Website: La Segunda Bakery



1 comment: