Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Haute Cupcakes - Manama, Bahrain

Looks who's back!

Sorry for the second time. Another hiatus, another break from the cupcake life.

Why you ask? Well, it's a long story. Ultimately I was trying to focus on rebuilding my life here in California. Cupcakes took a back seat and inevitably left the car all together. I focused a great deal on my yoga teaching, on my work, and on me. All good things. Now, with many adventures planned for 2018, I'm recommitting myself to the cupcake life.

 
Lucky for me, my sister in law had the same idea. While on holiday in Bahrain, we came across a small cupcake bakery, Haute Cupcakes. According to friends, it was a really good spot. I thought to myself, well isn't this fate?



The entrance to the bakery sets the stage for a very sweet yet classy experience. The bakery is a quant, small looking café from the outside. When you go in, however, it's an onslaught of sugar and festive decoration. There are all kinds of treats available, from cakes, cupcakes, donuts, to macaroons and ice cream.


I immediately found what I was looking for, along with some other treats. The red velvet cupcakes were pretty popular, according to the baker behind the counter. They had a variety of flavors of cupcakes, including some odd ones, like Dorito. I was tempted to get some other flavors, but with time not on my side, I went with my go-to.


The cupcake was dry on the outside, igniting my fear that it wouldn't be great. I was pleasantly surprised at how moist it was in the middle though. There was a nice hint of chocolate flavor. The icing really won me over. It was the perfect cream cheese frosting. There was even a delicious surprise cream filling. The decorations were simple, but lovely. Overall, I was very happy with my re-introduction to the cupcake world.


Price: 1.2 BD/cupcake (~$3.18/cupcake)
Cake: dry outside, moist middle
Icing: perfect cream cheese frosting
Decorations: simple red velvet crumble
Overall Rating: 9/10
Website: Haute Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment