Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sugardarlings - Lutz, Florida (pt. 2)

I wanted to give Sugardarlings another attempt considering the cupcake I had was melted and not at its most appealing. I wanted to give the cupcakery an honest chance because I felt that my first experience was probably skewed by the fact that the frosting had melted. I wasn't sure if I went too easy with my judgement or if I was harsh enough, so I figured I'd go out to Lutz to get the red velvets fresh from the bakery.

Red Velvet and  PB & Chocolate cupcakes
I went ahead and treated myself to the PB & chocolate cupcake as well. I thought, since I was driving all the way out to Lutz, I might as well treat myself, right?


Red Velvet Cupcake
I have to say that the fresh cupcake was slightly disappointing. The cake itself was pretty good. It had a good amount of chocolate flavor, but it didn't have the same punch as the first cupcake I had. The frosting tasted like a simple vanilla frosting. It was creamy and smooth, but didn't seem like the ideal pairing with the red velvet.

In the end, I wonder if the heat in the car altered the taste of the first cupcake. I was so impressed by the came itself and I wonder why this one is so different. Now of course I understand that often when baking fresh two cupcakes aren't always going to taste the same, but if one is using the same recipe then it should taste more similar, right?

And the hunt continues...

Price $1.50/each
Cake: moist, airy, minimal chocolate flavor
Icing: smooth, creamy, no cream cheese flavor
Decorations: simple sprinkles
Overall Rating: 8/10
Website: Sugardarlings


No comments:

Post a Comment